Tag: 北京夜来香论坛

first_img The FDA has extended the public comment period on the prior notice interim final rule through July 13, Dr. Lester M. Crawford, acting FDA commissioner, told the health subcommittee Jun 25. The final rule will be published in March 2005. Historically, the FDA inspected less than 1% of imports. That percentage has doubled. FDA inspectors conducted 78,659 examinations of imported food shipments in fiscal year 2003, according to Herndon. The number far exceeded the agency’s goal of 48,000 field inspections for the year and was more than six times the 12,000 inspections conducted in fiscal 2001. Food importers give the new rules mixed reviews. “What we initially thought was 450,000, we’re thinking is more likely 250,000,” Herndon said. It’s also likely that some companies aren’t aware they need to register or that they don’t believe the rules apply to them. The notices allow agency officials to judge which shipments need inspection. The food security rules are jointly enforced by the FDA and the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection. Despite increased inspections, few shipments have been detained. Since the prior-notice law took effect in December 2003, FDA and customs inspectors have detained 12 shipments because of concerns about food contamination or filth. None of the shipments was found to be a threat to people or animals, Herndon said. Importers must register with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and provide 2 to 8 hours’ notice of food shipments. The FDA has been receiving advance notice of about 150,000 shipments each week, according to the agency’s compliance summary information. About 99.3% of those notices are completed on time, a marked improvement from earlier this year, Michael Herndon, a public affairs specialist with the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, told CIDRAP News yesterday. “We’re going back now and examining to make sure the prior-notice information is accurate,” Herndon added. Stout also asked that the FDA eliminate requirements that food and beverage companies track lot or production codes for each retail product. If the food supply is threatened, Stout said, companies and retailers remove all the suspect products from shelves. The new system has led to more targeted inspections and prompted some criticism from the food industry. But as with a student’s homework assignment, filling in the blanks doesn’t always mean giving a right answer. Although most notices are complete, the information isn’t always accurate. “While FDA made many improvements to the proposed regulations, there is still room for more, especially with concern to prior notice and record keeping,” said Susan Stout, vice president of federal affairs for the Grocery Manufacturers of America, in congressional testimony Jun 25. Addressing the Health Subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, she requested that the FDA provide feedback on incomplete notices. Registration remains a stumbling block. By Jun 24, only 208,277 foreign and domestic companies had registered with the FDA. By some FDA estimates, twice that many businesses need to register; others say the estimates have been adjusted. Herndon said Jun 29 that the FDA continues to work with importers to educate them about registration and completing the prior-notice forms. The FDA went gently into the new rules by emphasizing education. Now regulators are moving toward the enforcement end of the spectrum. Jun 30 (CIDRAP News) – As federal agencies near the Aug 12 deadline for full enforcement of the food security provisions of the 2002 Bioterrorism Act, authorities say the food industry is getting better at following the new rules. Inspectors also have more sophisticated tools to target suspect imports. When companies notify the FDA that a shipment is arriving, agency employees can run that information through up to 100 checks, looking for red flags such as easily contaminated foods, specific countries of origin, or a product that matches other intelligence information, an FDA spokesman said. “Even though the bigger picture is to protect Americans from bioterrorism, we’re still not in the business of impeding commerce,” he said. Amy Becker is a full-time reporter at the St. Paul Pioneer Press and a freelance reporter for CIDRAP. She will enter the University of Minnesota’s graduate program in public health administration and policy in fall 2004.last_img read more

first_imgWith four top-five finishes in the first six events for IMCA Modifieds, Joel Rust is the new point leader heading into Tuesday’s Arnold Motor Supply Hawkeye Dirt Tour event at Dubuque Speedway. (Photo by Barry Johnson)DUBUQUE, Iowa – Opening night of the Dubuque County Fair brings the Arnold Motor Supply Hawkeye Dirt Tour for IMCA Modifieds to town for a Tuesday, July 25 event.The Open Wheel Race Day show at Dubuque Speedway pays $1,200 to win and a minimum $150 to start. The feature is also a qualifier for the 2018 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot.The Hawkeye Dirt Tour has yet to see a repeat winner through its first six races so far this season. Joel Rust of Grundy Center has parlayed four top-five finishes into the series point lead.Also running are Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods, for $450 to win.The grandstand is open all day and pit gates open at 4 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. with racing at 7 p.m.Spectator admission is free with paid admission ($10 for adults) to the fair. Pit passes are $25.More information is available by calling 563 588-1406 and at the www.dbqfair.com website.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, Side Biter Chassis North Central Region, All­star Performance State and special series points will be awarded to the IMCA Modifieds, national and state points to the Northern SportMods.The eighth annual Arnold Motor Supply Hawkeye Dirt Tour concludes with events Aug. 7 at Clay County Fair Speedway in Spencer and Aug. 9 at Buena Vista Raceway in Alta. All three Hawkeye Dirt Tour events will be broadcast by IMCATV.Arnold Motor Supply Hawkeye Dirt Tour top 20 point standings – 1. Joel Rust, Grundy Cen­ter, 218; 2. Kelly Shryock, Fertile, 217; 3. Kyle Brown, Madrid, 195; 4. Todd Shute, Des Moines, 193; 5. Jacob Murray, Hartford, 174; 6. Cayden Carter, Oskaloosa, 167; 7. Justin Kay, Wheat­land, 143; 8. Hunter Marriott, Brookfield, Mo., 133; 9. Tyler Droste, Waterloo, 111; 10. Kurt Kile, Nichols, 109; 11. Tim Ward, Harcourt, 108; 12. Corey Dripps, Reinbeck, 104; 13. Ricky Thornton Jr., Chandler, Ariz., and Da­vid Brown, Kellogg, both 102; 15. Jimmy Gustin, Mar­shalltown, 95; 16. Shane DeMey, Denison, 92; 17. Troy Cordes, Dunkerton, 89; 18. Clay Money, Penokee, Kan., 88; 19. Jesse Hoeft, Forest City, 86; 20. John Emerson, Waterloo, 83.last_img read more

first_imgRunning back Ryquell Armstead, tight end Charles Jones, receiver Michael Walker and safety Andrew Wingard also were placed on the list Sunday. Jones was activated from the COVID-19 list earlier in the day.Minshew, Walker and Wingard have been roommates a little more than a year.The COVID-19 list is for a player who tests positive for coronavirus or has been quarantined after being in close contact with someone infected. NFL teams are not allowed to disclose whether the player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.The Jaguars are expected to hold their first training camp practice on Aug. 12.___ Atlanta Falcons outside linebacker Foye Oluokun has become the sixth player to go on the team’s reserve/COVID-19 list since the start of training camp.Olukum started two games last season, totaling a career-high 56 tackles. He is slated to become a full-time starter this season in a linebacking group that also includes Deion Jones and newcomer Dante Fowler Jr. Defensive tackle Tyeler Davison, quarterback Danny Etling, fullback Keith Smith, safety Jamal Carter and rookie safety Jaylinn Hawkins are also on Atlanta’s reserve/COVID-19 list.___The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed fifth-year defensive end Adam Gotsis days after two linemen opted out of the season because of the coronavirus pandemic. The Latest: Jags’ Minshew, 4 teammates on COVID-19 list Associated Press Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The Jacksonville Jaguars have placed starting quarterback Gardner Minshew and four teammates, including two of his roommates, on the COVID-19 list.center_img August 2, 2020 Dallas Cowboys fullback Jamize Olawale has become the team’s third player to opt out of the season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.The nine-year pro spent the previous two seasons with the Cowboys after staying in Oakland the first six years of his career. Olawale’s role in the offense has been limited, but he has played more extensively on special teams.The decision by Olawale leaves rookie Sewo Olonilua as the only fullback on the roster under first-year coach Mike McCarthy. The Cowboys figure to keep plenty of schemes from last year’s offense since McCarthy decided to keep offensive coordinator Kellen Moore, who is expected to call the plays.The other Dallas players to opt out are veteran cornerback Maurice Canady and undrafted rookie receiver Stephen Guidry.___ Veterans Al Woods and Lerentee McCray decided not to play in 2020, creating a need for depth along Jacksonville’s defensive front.Gotsis spent the last four years in Denver, where he notched 109 tackles, 13 passes defensed, five sacks and two forced fumbles. He was a second-round draft pick in 2016. He played in nine games in 2019, finishing with 16 tackles. He missed the final three games because of a knee injury.Also Sunday, the Jaguars activated rookie defensive tackle DaVon Hamilton, tight end Charles Jones and starting right tackle Jawaan Taylor from the COVID-19 list.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on October 5, 2017 at 12:25 am Contact Eric: erblack@syr.edu | @esblack34 The last time Syracuse played Wisconsin, it lost the two-game series by a combined score of 11-0 in the span of 12 hours. That was nine years ago, in the program’s second and third games ever. This weekend, Syracuse gets another shot at the team that rudely welcomed it into Division I.“If (the Syracuse) football team were to play Alabama, it’d be one of those things,” said Orange head coach Paul Flanagan. “(Wisconsin) just has that depth, and we’re a little bit banged up right now. But you know what, for us, this is awesome.”A perennial Frozen Four contender, Wisconsin (4-0-0) has won four NCAA championships, third most all time. The Badgers lost in the championship game last year, but were recently ranked No. 1 by USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine. The Orange signed a two-year deal with the Badgers, so the team will travel to LaBahn Arena in Madison, Wisconsin, next season. Yet, SU’s full focus remains trained on this weekend. After the Orange went winless against Bemidji State on opening weekend, Syracuse (0-1-1) is looking forward to its home debut at Tennity Ice Pavilion on Friday at 4 p.m.This week, the Orange has fixated on the chance to play the role of underdog, playing David to Wisconsin the Goliath. For goaltender Abbey Miller, there’s “bitterness” from playing with and against some of the Wisconsin team growing up in Minnesota, she said, and she believes the Badgers will overlook the Orange this weekend.“They probably have the nicest women’s facility in the country,” Miller said. “I think them coming into our rink, they’re probably going to underestimate us quite a bit and kind of look over us. So, I think it’ll be a good opportunity for us to get a win and hopefully get ranked.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textIn their 18-year history, the Badgers have never had a losing season and Flanagan credits the consistent competitiveness to the Badgers’ recruiting and, in turn, depth. UW’s fourth line isn’t much worse than its first, if at all, he said. Wisconsin’s depth will be tested against SU, because multiple Badgers won’t travel to Syracuse due to commitments with either the United States’ or Canadian national teams.These pieces pile up and, though Syracuse might appear disadvantaged, junior defender Allie Munroe sees the Orange as prepared as it’s ever been.“There’s a good opportunity to knock off the No. 1 team,” Munroe said, “so everyone’s excited.”As for how the Orange plans to take down the top team in the country, Munroe says that Syracuse will try to disrupt Wisconsin’s winning culture, and “shake them up a bit.”“You want teams to come in here, not just so that we can watch them, so that we can compete against them,” Flanagan said. “It’s going to make us better. I know our kids will be up for it. … It’s going to be a good weekend.” Commentslast_img read more