Tag: 夜上海论坛GW

first_img The FDA has extended the public comment period on the prior notice interim final rule through July 13, Dr. Lester M. Crawford, acting FDA commissioner, told the health subcommittee Jun 25. The final rule will be published in March 2005. Historically, the FDA inspected less than 1% of imports. That percentage has doubled. FDA inspectors conducted 78,659 examinations of imported food shipments in fiscal year 2003, according to Herndon. The number far exceeded the agency’s goal of 48,000 field inspections for the year and was more than six times the 12,000 inspections conducted in fiscal 2001. Food importers give the new rules mixed reviews. “What we initially thought was 450,000, we’re thinking is more likely 250,000,” Herndon said. It’s also likely that some companies aren’t aware they need to register or that they don’t believe the rules apply to them. The notices allow agency officials to judge which shipments need inspection. The food security rules are jointly enforced by the FDA and the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection. Despite increased inspections, few shipments have been detained. Since the prior-notice law took effect in December 2003, FDA and customs inspectors have detained 12 shipments because of concerns about food contamination or filth. None of the shipments was found to be a threat to people or animals, Herndon said. Importers must register with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and provide 2 to 8 hours’ notice of food shipments. The FDA has been receiving advance notice of about 150,000 shipments each week, according to the agency’s compliance summary information. About 99.3% of those notices are completed on time, a marked improvement from earlier this year, Michael Herndon, a public affairs specialist with the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, told CIDRAP News yesterday. “We’re going back now and examining to make sure the prior-notice information is accurate,” Herndon added. Stout also asked that the FDA eliminate requirements that food and beverage companies track lot or production codes for each retail product. If the food supply is threatened, Stout said, companies and retailers remove all the suspect products from shelves. The new system has led to more targeted inspections and prompted some criticism from the food industry. But as with a student’s homework assignment, filling in the blanks doesn’t always mean giving a right answer. Although most notices are complete, the information isn’t always accurate. “While FDA made many improvements to the proposed regulations, there is still room for more, especially with concern to prior notice and record keeping,” said Susan Stout, vice president of federal affairs for the Grocery Manufacturers of America, in congressional testimony Jun 25. Addressing the Health Subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, she requested that the FDA provide feedback on incomplete notices. Registration remains a stumbling block. By Jun 24, only 208,277 foreign and domestic companies had registered with the FDA. By some FDA estimates, twice that many businesses need to register; others say the estimates have been adjusted. Herndon said Jun 29 that the FDA continues to work with importers to educate them about registration and completing the prior-notice forms. The FDA went gently into the new rules by emphasizing education. Now regulators are moving toward the enforcement end of the spectrum. Jun 30 (CIDRAP News) – As federal agencies near the Aug 12 deadline for full enforcement of the food security provisions of the 2002 Bioterrorism Act, authorities say the food industry is getting better at following the new rules. Inspectors also have more sophisticated tools to target suspect imports. When companies notify the FDA that a shipment is arriving, agency employees can run that information through up to 100 checks, looking for red flags such as easily contaminated foods, specific countries of origin, or a product that matches other intelligence information, an FDA spokesman said. “Even though the bigger picture is to protect Americans from bioterrorism, we’re still not in the business of impeding commerce,” he said. Amy Becker is a full-time reporter at the St. Paul Pioneer Press and a freelance reporter for CIDRAP. She will enter the University of Minnesota’s graduate program in public health administration and policy in fall 2004.last_img read more

first_img Ruby Walsh made all of the running on the 4-6 favourite, trained by Willie Mullins, but he was ridden with a bit more restraint than had been expected. Even so, Un De Sceaux had all his rivals at full stretch coming down the hill. God’s Own (33-1) tried to make a race of it but he could not compete on the run to the line and had to settle for being beaten six lengths in second place. Un De Sceaux lived up to his billing as he duly landed the odds in the Racing Post Arkle Trophy at the Cheltenham Festival. Josses Hill (12-1) stayed on to take third spot, two lengths away. The victory gave Mullins and Walsh a double in the first two races of the meeting after Douvan struck in the opener. Walsh said: “He has got a turn of foot. I wasn’t going that hard and I knew that when I gave him a squeeze he would quicken up and he’s pinged the last. “He didn’t come to the Festival last year, he went to France twice, and you can see it’s made a man of him. “He’s not an easy horse and they have minded and nurtured him. They’ve done a great job. “I rode Master Minded and Azertyiuop so going that speed is nothing new to me.” Mullins said: “It was just fantastic. He was very clever. He jumped the first two nicely and settled into a rhythm in his jumping. “He jumped the water very easy, probably the first time he’d jumped one in his life, then came to the ditch which is a big test for a novice after the water. He pricked his ears and flew it again. “I got a fright when God’s Own came up beside him, but Ruby sat and then he just flew up the hill. “He’s not a typical racehorse and I don’t think he’s any pedigree, either, which is extraordinary. He is what we call a pure freak.” Mullins will now target Punchestown, and added: “He was very good with his jumping, he’s improved so much. He jumped like he was a handicapper the whole way round. Ruby thought he settled better today. He’s getting more mature with each race. He set himself up for the fences rather than getting Ruby to do it. “Some people like to go to Grade One races with a horse when they’re not ready, but I’m not keen on doing that. A jumper’s career is over many years and I don’t want it all at once, you have to let them mature and come round. Today it has paid off. I want them to go up the steps of the ladder one by one.” Tom George was delighted with the effort of God’s Own and thought the better ground had helped his cause. He said: “That isn’t a fluke, he was a Grade One winner last year when he beat Champagne Fever and a few others. “We had a blip in mid-winter but he simply can’t go on soft ground . We won’t even try running him on soft ground next year, good to soft is as bad as he wants it. “We will look at Aintree and Punchestown now, see where the best ground is and looking at that he will get two and a half miles.” Nicky Henderson was satisfied with Josses Hill and felt a sound pace had brought out the best in his runner. He said: “He’s run a great race. Fair play to Barry (Geraghty), he always said he would jump better in a faster run race. The quicker pace just helps his impulsion – when they are going slower he’s too brave. “I don’t know where we will go next, we could go two and a half miles, but I think Ruby should be fined for speeding!” Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgTorres helped Spain to its first ever World Cup title in 2010 between back-to-back European Championship wins in a period of dominance for La Roja.But the striker called time on his playing career with an announcement on social media. Related News Women’s World Cup 2019: 3 takeaways from USA’s win over Sweden Women’s World Cup 2019: USA on collision course with France after beating Sweden “I have something very important to announce,” he wrote on his verified Twitter account. “After 18 exciting years, the time has come to put an end to my football career.”Next Sunday, June 23 at 10:00AM, local time in Japan, I will have a press conference in Tokyo to explain all the details. See you there.”I have something very important to announce. After 18 exciting years, the time has come to put an end to my football career. Next Sunday, the 23rd at 10:00AM, local time in Japan, I will have a press conference in Tokyo to explain all the details.See you there. pic.twitter.com/WrKnvRTUIu— Fernando Torres (@Torres) June 21, 2019Torres came through the ranks at Atletico having joined them as an 11-year-old in 1995, and at the age of 17 he was a fixture on the first-team squad.Although his first full season with the top team was by no means spectacular, scoring six times in 36 Segunda Division matches, Atletico earned promotion and Torres got his first taste of LaLiga football in 2002-03.A haul of 13 goals in 29 games followed and Torres went on to establish himself as one of the league’s most promising forwards, despite playing on a generally underwhelming Atletico team.In 2007 he became Liverpool’s record transfer in a deal reportedly worth £20million (approx. $25.4 million), when Luis Garcia’s move the other way was taken into account, and he made a huge impact with the Reds, scoring 24 goals as he took the Premier League by storm in his debut season. Women’s World Cup 2019: The first knockout-round matchups by the numberscenter_img Women’s World Cup 2019: USA ‘motivated and hungry’ for Spain matchup, coach Jill Ellis says He remained a serious threat in the following two seasons despite numerous injury problems, netting 32 goals in 46 games, but in 2010-11 he sought a new challenge and moved to Chelsea for £50m (approx. $63.6 million), winning a Champions League title with the Blues.But a lack of form and more injuries turned Torres into a shadow of his former self at Stamford Bridge and at AC Milan, who he joined on loan, before returning to Atletico in 2015.Initially an 18-month loan, Torres failed to rediscover his best form at Atletico, though he helped them to Europa League win in 2018 shortly before leaving for Japan. Former Atletico Madrid and Spain striker Fernando Torres has announced that he is retiring after 18 years in professional soccer.Torres, 35, has been playing in Japan’s J.League with Sagan Tosu but mostly will be remembered for his stints with Atletico and Liverpool, plus a hugely successful international career with Spain.last_img read more

first_imgAnother Premier League season is almost upon us and clubs here and the rest of Europe have been busy strengthening their squads.Liverpool have released Emre Can and added Fabinho and Naby Keita to their midfield, Arsenal have picked up Bernd Leno and Manchester United have added Fred to their squad. heading off Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade WHITE KNIGHT On the Continent, meanwhile, Juventus have paid Real Madrid £99.2m for Cristiano Ronaldo.So here’s what you need to know about the current summer transfer window, which has been open since 17 May. This is earlier than usual due to Premier League clubs voting to close the transfer window before the start of the season, with the change coming into effect prior to the start of 2018/19. FIFA regulations state that every country must have at least one transfer window that lasts for 12 weeks, and because the closing date has been pushed back the opening date also had to move.When does the new Premier League season begin?The first game of the new campaign is on 10 August when Manchester United take on Leicester at Old Trafford.So when does the transfer window close?Premier League clubs will no longer be able to buy players after 5pm on Thursday, 9 August. They can still sell players until 31 August as no other league has adopted the earlier deadline. Liverpool have been busy already in the transfer window IN DEMAND Remember to visit talkSPORT.com throughout the summer to keep up to date with all the biggest and best transfer news and rumours Getty Euro expert explains why Liverpool should be so excited about Minamino REAL DEAL LIVING THE DREAM 2 Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland ‘perfect fit” GOSSIP Chelsea have watched Leeds ace ‘perfect for Premier League football’ regularly Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing RANKED Zlatan Ibrahimovic in ‘advanced talks’ to complete Premier League comeback Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Arsenal ace heading for January exit as German club ready bid for midfielder TRANSFER LATEST Ronaldo’s move to Juventus took many people by surprise take zlat Man United ‘miss out’ on Minamino, West Ham scout Flamengo strikers, Auba wants out 2 three-way race last_img read more