Category: iszabrnk

first_img0Shares0000West Ham manager Slaven Bilic, pictured in October 2017, acknowledged the team’s loss to Liverpool on November 4, their second consecutive defeat at home, puts him in a precarious position © AFP / Ian KINGTONLONDON, United Kingdom, Nov 4 – West Ham boss Slaven Bilic admitted he was in a “difficult situation” after a damaging 4-1 defeat to Liverpool left his side in deep trouble just above the Premier League relegation zone.Mohamed Salah put Liverpool ahead and Joel Matip doubled the visitors’ lead before half-time at the London Stadium. Manuel Lanzini reduced the deficit, but woeful West Ham capitulated and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain netted Liverpool’s third before Salah bagged his 12th goal of the season to seal the rout.A disappointed Bilic said his side had started well but then conceded two “cheap” goals.“We tried to change the shape and be more open in the second half, we scored but they are so good on the counter attack,” he said. “It is a big defeat for us.“It’s not a lack of effort. We should have defended better. It’s no excuse to concede from your own corner kick. At this level if you are 2-0 down so early it’s not game over but it’s very difficult to come back.“I have to talk to the chairman, we are going to discuss this defeat. It’s not the first one, it’s the second in a row in home. It is a very difficult situation for me.”When asked if he still had the club’s backing he said: “It’s hard for me to talk about that now.”But Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was delighted with his team’s showing.“The result, it feels good,” he said. “We changed our approach, it was a counter-attacking line-up to use our speed from a deep situation.“It was brilliant play for the first goal.“Our counter-attacking was pretty perfect, we had some wonderful play. Roberto Firmino, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player play a third game in the week with such intensity and I’m a few days in this business.”“It’s a really good week,” he added. “It’s a good moment to have a little break. We lost our skipper overnight and Gini Wijnaldum did not have his boots here. We thought he had no chance of playing, we only brought him here so he is nearer to Amsterdam, he was flying there to see the doctor.”The victory took Liverpool back to sixth position in the Premier League table but West Ham, with just two league wins all season, are just one point off the relegation places.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

first_img Josuha Guilavogui 1 Atletico Madrid have loaned out Arsenal target Josuha Guilavogui to Wolfsburg.talkSPORT told you earlier this week that the Bundesliga side were in talks with the Spanish champions over a move for Guilavogui, who is not part of Diego Simeone’s plans at the Vicente Calderon.And Atleti have now confirmed that the Frenchman will spend the next two seasons on loan in Germany.Arsenal had been linked with the 23-year-old in recent weeks after cooling their interest in Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin.Guilavogui, who arrived at Atletico last summer, barely figured under Simeone and was shipped out on loan to his former club Saint-Etienne for the second half of last season.last_img read more

first_imgSACRAMENTO – Entering a re-election year with his popularity sagging, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger faces a key political test tonight as he delivers a State of the State speech that seeks to strike a more populist stance. The governor is expected to address quality-of-life issues facing Californians – traffic, wages, education and prescription drugs – rather than the less-tangible government reforms he spotlighted last year, which voters ultimately rejected. “If it is successful, it can be a very public turning point,” said Tim Hodson, executive director of the Center for California Studies at Cal State Sacramento. The governor also will need to strike a more delicate bipartisan balance to cool the simmering revolt from conservative Republicans upset about several moves to the left that Schwarzenegger has made since November’s special election, Hodson said. And in the face of Schwarzenegger’s hiring of Democrat Susan Kennedy as his chief of staff and plans for a massive infrastructure bond that could add to the state’s debt, some conservatives have talked about challenging the incumbent in the GOP primary. Hodson noted there is also a split among Democrats, with some seeing any chance to stymie Schwarzenegger as an opportunity to win back the governorship, while others want to see actual progress and compromises on issues affecting Californians. Toward that end, Schwarz- enegger’s address tonight is widely expected to try to build consensus. Among the issues expected to be addressed: Infrastructure: Schwarzenegger wants to “rebuild” the state’s infrastructure, with an emphasis on roads, bridges, ports and schools, and is expected to propose a multibillion-dollar bond and other financing to pay for it. Minimum wage: He plans to seek a $1-an-hour increase in the state’s $6.75 minimum wage, with 50-cent hikes in September 2006 and then in July 2007. Schwarzenegger vetoed an effort last year to increase it. Drug costs: Schwarzenegger has asked Congress to allow Americans to import cheaper drugs from other countries. While the issues are likely to resonate with consumers, Schwarzenegger’s efforts come as the governor’s popularity wanes. A poll released today by the Public Policy Institute of California finds that 58 percent of Californians and 53 percent of likely voters disapprove of his job performance. harrison.sheppard@dailynews.com (916) 446-6723 AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

first_imgTHE GOVERNMENT and the HSE is failing patients in Co Donegal, a local TD said today.Deputy Thomas Pringle said the recent case of Thomas Keaveney from Convoy, who has been denied treatment in St Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin has highlighted “the complete failure of the government’s health policy”.Said the Donegal South West TD: “So much for money follows the patient. Clearly in Thomas’ case he was getting efficient treatment and the hospital has been penalised rather than rewarded for treating him. “Once again we see the most vulnerable people caught in the middle of a bureaucratic row within the health services. Minister Reilly makes much of his policy of money following patients but he needs to make sure that this happens, for too long sick people are being used as pawns in this on-going battle for funding between the hospitals and the HSE.“St Vincent’s has been instructed by the HSE to stop treating patients outside their catchment area and the hospital can no longer afford to treat patients such as Thomas. The hospital is operating on a deficit of over €7 million for this year and cannot treat any extra patients outside its catchment. The HSE has always refused to compensate St Vincent’s for treating patients from the rest of the country and this case shows how this has been brought to a head.“A former cancer sufferer who, as a result of his illness suffers from chronic pain is forced onto the airwaves to try and continue the treatment he so vitally needs. Surely patients like Thomas have suffered enough and are under enough stress without having to wonder where they will get their treatment from.”He said the HSE will have to pay for them to be treated anyway and it would be better that they continue to be treated where they are familiar with the staff and comfortable with the help that they are getting. Mr Keaveney, Milltown, Convoy has been attending a pain clinic in St Vincent’s Hospital Dublin since 2006 after being treated there for cancer since 2001.When he attended for his most recent appointment on April 3rd he was told that he would no longer be treated at the hospital. The board had decided that due to cutbacks they could no longer treat patients from outside its catchment area.Mr Keaveney told his story on RTE’s Liveline today.The hospital said it regretted its move but were following guidelines.The HSE didn’t come up with any reasonable response. HSE IS FAILING DONEGAL PATIENTS – PRINGLE was last modified: April 10th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

first_imgRamona Nicholas felt ill during Dragon’s Den pitchNEW Dragon’s Den judge Ramona Nicholas said ‘I’m Out’ on the latest episode of the series on Sunday night.And this time she was more ‘out’ than ever before.The pharmacy chain director admitted she felt like throwing up – during a pitch for an investment for dog food. “I not a big fan of dogs, especially big dogs,” she said before declaring how queasy she felt at the very thought of investing in a new range of high end canine food.“I’m feeling really really nauseous right now.”She apologised to Dr Conor Brady, dog food expert, declaring: “I can’t go anywhere with this…so I’m out.”  RAMONA ‘I’M OUT’ NICHOLAS SAYS NO AGAIN ON DRAGON’S DEN – THIS TIME TO DOG FOOD! was last modified: March 17th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:RAMONA ‘I’M OUT’ NICHOLAS SAYS NO AGAIN ON DRAGON’S DEN – THIS TIME TO DOG FOOD!last_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) is taking President Donald Trump’s more protectionist moves on trade this week in stride, despite AFBF’s long-held support of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)Trump’s executive order to withdrawal the United States from TPP is not what the nation’s largest farm organization wanted, but it was no surprise after President Trump vowed to make that a priority during his campaign. Many in agriculture are now wondering what the new administration has planned for other trade deals, namely the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).“When NAFTA was first implemented, the U.S. had only $9 billion of ag exports with Mexico and Canada,” said Dave Salmonsen, Trade Adviser with the AFBF. “Today that number is $38 billion, so this trade deal has been beneficial to agriculture.”Leaders of both Mexico and Canada are open to new talks about trade. Those conversations will deal largely with manufacturing, though agriculture is also expected to come up.“There are some issues in the ag sector that we could move forward with, including remaining border barriers from Canada on dairy and poultry exports,” Salmonsen said. “If everything is back on the table we also have some issues with Mexico to hash out.”With recently becoming the number one corn importer, Mexico is proving to be an important market for U.S. farmers. In the 2015-16 crop year, Mexico imported nearly 13 million tons of corn. During the 2016 calendar year that number is 14 million tons, accounting for two straight years of record corn imports Mexico, knocking Japan out of the corn customer top spot.“It would be a pretty bad situation for American farmers if NAFTA was weakened or changed or thrown out of the window,” said Ryan LeGrand, the U.S. Grains Council director in Mexico. “What you would probably have is an increase in tariffs and that would cause Mexico to look south to Brazil and Argentina for more of their corn, cutting into our market share and eventually affecting the price of U.S. corn.”Mexico has the potential to grow as an importer of U.S. grains in the future, according to LeGrand.“Mexico’s animal producers are very technologically advanced, they’re progressive and they’re growing,” he said. “That means more production for Mexico and more need for grains, which should be U.S. grains as long as we keep NAFTA in place.”Commerce Secretary nominee Wilbur Ross, U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and White House Trade Council head Peter Navarro, will negotiate the new bilateral trade deals with countries once related to the TPP, while Trump will meet soon with Canada and Mexico’s leaders on NAFTA.last_img read more

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest By Harold Watters, Ohio State University Extension agronomistCover crop dos and don’tsAs I sit here writing it is cold and wet. I have seen several planters out in the barn lot for a check-up but no one is seriously talking about planting yet. I do know that many are wondering when to terminate their cover crop, even though we haven’t had much growth yet. I like Austrian pea, it is easy — just apply your normal burndown of glyphosate, atrazine and favorite pre-emergent grass product for corn. I also like oats and will often use them in the fall to give me some cover after soybeans — they die on their own, but some folks will pasture them into December. I just started a multi-year cover crop research trial that includes crimson clover after wheat harvest. We will go to corn this year with cereal rye following, then to soybeans and after that back to wheat. We should be able to keep the ground covered most of the time.An info graphic (i.e. comic book) on Cover Crop Dos and Don’ts (CPN-4002 at https://cropprotectionnetwork.org/library/) comes from a new website of the Crop Protection Network. Their suggestions fit with my concerns too. So what are some of their dos and don’ts?Weed managementDo terminate cover crops before plantingDon’t use annual ryegrassDon’t reduce herbicide useDon’t rely on cover crops for universal weed suppressionInsect managementDo be committed to scoutingDon’t treat unnecessarilyDon’t plant immediately after killing a cover cropDo wait 10-14 days after a cover crop has diedDisease managementDon’t rely on cover crops solely to reduce diseasesDo use multiple management practicesFor a more complete look at cover crop termination choices see the Purdue Publication on Successful Cover Crop Termination with Herbicides bulletin, WS-50-W: www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ws/ws-50-w.pdf. Fertilizer applicator certification – dos and don’tsDon’t neglect to record applications. As we head to the field, we are doing some catching up. Last fall made it a bit rough on applying fertilizer. Even though we may be rushed we need to remember the requirement to keep fertilizer application records. If you are a farmer, you will maintain the records for three years. If you are a dealer and apply the fertilizer, you maintain the records for three years and supply a copy of the record to the grower who purchased the nutrients.Do find a good place to get that needed weather record. I have been sharing this winter good places to go to get weather forecasts for files you need to add to your fertilizer application record. These work out great for planning timing of the application too.Ohio Applicator Forecast (ODA)https://www.agri.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/oda/divisions/plant-health/resources/ohio-applicator-forecastField Application Resource Monitor (F.A.R.M.) can give past (and present) forecastshttps://farm.bpcrc.osu.eduAlso this winter, I have been asked by several people if they need to record planter applied fertilizer. The law says that if you only apply planter fertilizer you do not need to be certified to apply fertilizer. But my feeling is that you should record all fertilizer applications you make, and that application should be in agreement with your nutrient management plan.last_img read more

first_imgWhy Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Tags:#cloud#news Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…center_img audrey watters Drupal software, support, and hosting company Acquia announced that its Drupal Gardens leaves private beta today. Drupal Gardens is a content management & social publishing system, offering “Drupal-as-a-service” and greatly simplifying the creation and management of Drupal websites. Prior to Drupal Gardens, those wanting to utilize Drupal to build their sites had to download and install the code themselves. In some ways then, Drupal Gardens is the WordPress.com for Drupal, although Drupal and Drupal Gardens are feature-rich, offering more than just a blogging platform. But like WordPress.com, Drupal Gardens may be an avenue that facilitates the open source platform’s adoption. Drupal Gardens is hosted on Acquia’s servers; there are no downloads or installation, and there are multiple templates for users to design and customize their own site layouts. Drupal’s adoption has been on the rise with its implementation by a number of high-profile websites, including NASA, The Onion, and the White House. More than 500,000 websites are now registered with drupal.org. The Drupal Gardens project has been in development for more than a year and already boasts over 12,000 sites. One of the features as part of today’s release is simplified site duplication. This allows users to clone an existing site, including its design, functionality, information architecture and content. This is a play for the enterprise, says Acquia co-founder and Drupal creator Dries Buytaert, as it will allow site builders to quickly roll out new microsites.Drupal Gardens will be free for all users until the end of 2010, when it will implement a pricing structure based on site size and traffic. The platform also features a one-click export button, so there is no lock-in to Drupal Gardens. 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Marketlast_img read more

first_imgministry New Delhi, May 11 (PTI) Sports Ministry has written to the Ministry of Urban Development for promotion of sports facilities in smart cities being developed by the government, the Rajya Sabha was informed today. “We have already written to the Urban Development Ministry for promoting sports facilities in the new smart cities being set up by the government,” Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said. He said Sports is a state subject and it is the primary responsibility of the state government to develop sports infrastructure. Earlier in his written reply to questions, the Minister said, “Proposals of the smart cities are based on consultations with citizens of the proposed smart cities. Selected 20 smart cities of the Round 1 have not proposed sports arena in their Smart City Proposals (SCPs).” When prodded by members on why the Sports ministry was not developing sports infrastructure, Sonowal said “it is beyond my jurisdictionto develop mandatory sports facilities in smart cities.” PTI SKC AKKlast_img read more