Category: dzbfrzti

first_imgWEST HARRISON, Ind. — An early morning accident claims the life of a Lawrenceburg man.According to the Dearborn County Sheriff’s Department, around midnight, Matthew Schemer, 35, was traveling on Harrison-Brookville road near West Harrison, when for unknown reasons, he traveled off the roadway, overcorrected, and lost control of the vehicle striking a utility pole.When officers arrived on scene, firefighters had already extricated Schemer from the vehicle and had him loaded in the ambulance.Schemer was transported to the hospital where he pronounced dead.Investigation of the accident is still ongoing.last_img read more

first_img Loading… Dutch legend, Wesley Sneijder, is dusting off his boots to come out of retirement at the age of 36. According to RTV Utrecht, The former Real Madrid and Inter Milan star is set to begin training with amateur side DHSC on July 27 in the Netherlands. The Holland hero will build up his fitness with the fifth-tier side based in Utrecht. He quit the pro game back in August after finishing his career with spells at Galatasaray, Nice and Qatari outfit Al-Gharafa. His decision to come out of retirement comes just weeks after old international team-mate Arjen Robben sensationally performed his own career U-turn. Robben, also 36, made an emotional return to boyhood club FC Groningen, the side where he started his career, after being persuaded to make the move by his wife. Sneijder, capped a record 134 times by his country, is believed to be interested in a return to top-flight football with FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie.Advertisement He has a great relationship with the club and the former playmaker is often spotted at Stadion Galgenwaard watching home games from a box. Sneijder was born in Utrecht but never played for his hometown team, instead of bursting onto the scene via the Ajax academy. But that could be set to change as technical director Jordy Zuidam admitted the club are interested in a deal provided Sneijder is in good shape. read also:Sneijder: Inter Milan can win Coppa The midfielder has piled on the pounds in retirement and recently spoke about his booze hell as vodka became his “best friend”. He confessed to becoming a party boy in the Spanish capital and has seen two marriages collapse amid his battle with the bottle. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Abia Warriors goalkeeper Charles Tambe is currently receiving treatment at the University College Hospital, Ibadan after he was shot by thugs on Friday. Tambe returned to Ibadan to reunite with his family following the suspension of the Nigeria Professional Football League due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Club on its Twitter handle: @AbiaWarriors, said: “Our Goal Keeper Charles Tambe was shot this morning by hoodlums in Ibadan. “Tambe is in the hospital at UCH in Ibadan, receiving treatment. “Our Club management is following up on the tragedy. We will keep you updated.” According to the statement issued by Abia Warriors’ Sporting Director, Patrick Ngwaogwu, the former Shooting Stars and Lobi Stars goalkeeper was shot on his way for his morning exercise routine. “He is not a rascal. He went for his morning walk out at about 07:00 this morning in Apata area, Ibadan where he stays with his family,” Ngwaogwu said. “They accosted him and collected his wristwatch and handset. And shot him on the hand. “He is presently in UCH, receiving treatment. The club is very much on top of the situation.” Tambe joined the Umuahia-based outfit last September, and he recently appeared in a video posted by the club urging fans to stay safe amid the COVID-19 pandemic.Tags: Abia Warriors FCmCharles TambeCOVID-19Nigerian Professional Football LeaguePatrick NgwaogwuUniversity College Hospitallast_img read more

first_img Thanks to their seventh-place finish under David Moyes, United did not qualify for Europe last year for the first time in almost a quarter of a century. United have been well behind their rivals in the transfer market this summer too despite the appointment of manager Louis van Gaal. Press Association New boys Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera and Marcos Rojo all have potential, but they are currently not in the same league as the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Toni Kroos and Diego Costa, who have all gone to United’s rivals in the transfer window. More signings are expected before the window shuts, but former Red Devils striker Cole thinks United will struggle to sign the very best players. “I know a lot of people have been complaining about the club not bringing enough players in, but it gets tougher when you don’t have European football because if you want to try and bring in the best, you have to entice them with European football,” said Cole, who was speaking at the launch of Manchester United and Apollo Tyre’s Go The Distance Pitch at Old Trafford. “Like it or not, every top player wants to play in Europe, and this year we aren’t playing in it.” Cole’s former team-mate Paul Scholes said he thinks the club needs to sign five new players to stop them slipping into the “wilderness”. United have been linked with a number of other players, including Angel di Maria, Kevin Strootman and Daley Blind. And Cole believes reinforcements are required quickly. “I think we need to buy more players,” said the former United hitman, who scored 121 times in 275 appearances for the club. “We need to improve competition for places. If you are going to get stronger you need to buy players. “And if you want to finish in a higher position you have got to bring in better players. “You have to make sure your football club does that. I think it has been tough for them.” Cole enjoyed a glittering six-year spell at Old Trafford, winning the Barclays Premier League five times as well as the Champions League. Despite last weekend’s defeat to Swansea, the former England frontman believes Van Gaal will enjoy a successful debut season at Old Trafford. Cole even thinks the title is not beyond United’s reach this term. “Nothing is above Manchester United,” he said. “Many years ago Alan Hansen said you’ll never win anything with kids and we won the Premier League that year. Anything is possible.” Andrew Cole thinks the best players in the world will not want to sign for Manchester United while they are out of the Champions League. last_img read more

first_img… will join elite ranks including Hooper, Harper, GibbsBy Clifton RossJAGUARS bowling wizard Veerasammy Permaul could be the next Guyanese spinner to achieve 500 first-class wickets, thus joining an elite panel of legends to achieve such a feat.With 486 wickets from his 113 Regional 4-Day games played, to date, the 30-year-old is among the leading bowlers in the Region and one of the most successful spinners to come from Guyana.Heading into today’s start of the 2020 Regional 4-Day tournament, Permaul could easily break the 500-wicket mark, given his customary knack of taking a number of wickets, coupled with his personal record his 26 5-wicket and 5 10-wicket career hauls.The out-of-favour Windies Test/ODI bowler ended a modest last season with 42 wickets from the 10 rounds played, second overall behind leading wicket-taker Rakeem Cornwall (54). With just 14 needed to reach 500 wickets, it is likely that the former Guyana skipper could join the ranks of some of Guyana and West Indies’ most legendary bowlers in no time.The Berbician is already miles ahead of the contemporary spin duo of Neil McGarrell and Mahendra Nagamootoo, both of whom represented Guyana and West Indies with much pride and passion during the 90s into the 2000s.Nagamootoo, the leg-spinner ended with 370 wickets from his 102 1st class matches played while McGarrell, a left-arm spinner, similar to Permaul, ended with just 276 wickets from 84 games.Already Guyana’s most successful spinner within the last 5 years, Permaul’s rampage over the past few seasons has also allowed him to surpass spin-partner in Devendra Bishoo, who currently sits on 382 wickets and could be another Guyanese to end with a career 500 victims before he hangs up the boots.Going into the archives of the spin-bowling legends, however, Permaul has even managed to eclipse former Guyana and Windies off-spinner Clyde Butts.Butts, who played 7 Tests for the West Indies in the 80s, snapped up 348 wickets at the Regional first- class level.Despite his annual returns of 40 wickets or more, dating back to the last 5 seasons, the former Windies Test spinner now eyes elite company as he approaches the magical 500 tally. Should he reach his landmark, Permaul will sit among the likes of Carl Hooper, Lance Gibbs and Roger Harper as the other spinners to have 500 or more wickets at that level.Hooper, a former Guyana and Windies all-rounder, yielded 555 1st class wickets from his right-arm off-break when he ended his career. Harper, Guyana’s ex-captain and one of the premier limited overs off-spinners during the 80s, ended with 146 international wickets; 46 from Test and 100 from ODIs.Harper, the current Windies Chief Selector captured 567 wickets from his 200 games played. Meanwhile Gibbs, arguably Guyana’s greatest spinner and the first bowler to reach 300 Test wickets, wreaked havoc during his days in operation as he bagged a whopping 1 024 wickets by the time his playing days were over in the 70s.Outside of the legends, Jamaica Scorpion’s Nikita Miller (538 wickets) and former Windies and Windward Volcanoes off-spinner Shane Shillingford (572 wickets) who was banned from bowling domestically in January of 2019 for illegal action; are the only two active spinners leading Permaul with regard to wickets taken.Meanwhile, given Permaul’s youth and being one of the fittest players in the Jaguars squad and Caribbean, it is likely that the Guyanese spin ace will find himself in the 500 Club by the end of the 2020 first-class season.last_img read more

first_imgReacting to the NFF ‘ no promotion, no relegation,’ decision, he said that, it was the wisest way to go, adding that it would give everybody the motivation and strength to move forward for the next season.‘Importantly, though, we are playing in the Nationwide League, as a young club, our primary objective is to expose our players to competitive football starting from the bottom, and if you have been following the club progress you know where our future is. Most remarkable, we are ready to keep creating opportunities that will add value to the society and better the world,’ Gonzalo Dibiasi explained.Commenting on the club’s achievement and readiness for the next season, the club’s spokesperson, Ms. Ekamen Wushishi, said as a young club, FC Bulmaro, had taken part in youth club competition in Barcelona, Spain, playing with the kids of global football giants and beating a few of them. We missed this year’s tournament due to the global pandemic. We are ever ready. Our players are young, full of energy and very focused. It is always the joy of our stakeholders to see them do exploit. It is the only club from this part of the world that is participating in the championship.‘We do not wish to sound boastful, no team in the cadre is our match in anyway. Our drive and bond is solely pulled towards changing lives of those who genuinely cross our path. For us to achieve this goal we are open to partnership that would be of immense value to our young population, ‘ she said.She also revealed that a prominent foreign body was meeting with the promoters of the young team seeking ways to ride on the back of the club, as a platform to develop and empower young football talents in the country from the grassroots.This development the club stakeholders believe would surely change the football industry for the better and inspire effective leadership in the game of football in the country.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram By Kunle AdewaleHead Coach, FC Bulmaro, Gonzalo Dibiasi has hailed the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF on its decision over the possibility of starting a new football season in September.Dibiasi commended the NFF for its boldness and unshaken commitment to ensure that a new season begin as stated after a long rest because of the global pandemic which has affected the sporting world.last_img read more

first_imgThe New York Times readership program has been renewed, giving USC students access to the daily newspaper on campus and online starting next week.Read all about it · The New York Times is now available for students at Tutor Campus Center, the Annenberg School and Leavey Library. – Kevin Fohrer | Daily Trojan“The New York Times readership program was started in the spring semester of 2013,” said Michael Yoshimura, USG’s director of Academic Affairs. “When we looked over the budget for the spring semester, it made sense to continue it.”In order to expand its readership base, The New York Times offers discounts to student organizations at major universities.“[The New York Times education staff] gave us a presentation on their readership program, and it sounded like a great way for students to learn what’s going on outside USC,” Yoshimura said.Physical copies of the daily paper will be placed in special racks near Leavey Library, the Ronald Tutor Campus Center and the Annenberg School each week from Monday to Friday. The directors say this spring’s distribution is an increase from last semester’s.“We’re actually getting more copies now, as well as a new online subscription,” said Logan Burkhead, USG’s assistant director of Academic Affairs.USG has registered for 200 digital licenses per day, which students can obtain by going to nytimes.com/passes  and registering with their USC email address. Students logging in will be given 24-hour access to subscriber content on the website.Yoshimura and Burkhead hope this new feature will increase the subscription’s popularity and result in even more educational opportunities for USC students in months to come.“We want to extend the program in the future,” Burkhead said. “We’re hoping to have an actual New York Times columnist come in by the end of the semester and give a presentation to students.”The directors believe that in comparison to other papers, such as the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times offers the “best package” to college students.“It seems like The New York Times is an elite publication, and it deals on a national scale,” Yoshimura said. “And considering everything else they’re giving us, they really set themselves apart.”last_img read more

first_imgThe Willie Mullins-trained Brahma Bull will look to make it four-wins from four starts at Thurles this afternoon. The Ruby Walsh mount makes his debut over hurdles in the Maiden Hurdle there this afternoon. The first of a seven-race card at Thurles goes to post at five-to-1. Stock photo of horse racing | Photo © Pixabaylast_img

first_imgGhana’s all-time top scorer, Asamoah Gyan, praised the impact of his senior brother, Baffour Gyan on his career path and called him “my second god” apart from the God we serve.Asamoah Gyan said his brother is like the director of his career and made sure mistakes he encountered on his football journey, Gyan did not repeat them.“We all serve the living God but I will say, he is my second god because he has done everything for me”, he said on Max TV.“The mistakes he made in life, he made sure I didn’t go through them. He is like a guardian angel till now”, he addedThe two brothers, Baffour Gyan and Asamoah Gyan both played as strikers but it was the latter who excelled at the highest stage.Asamoah Gyan is Ghana’s most capped player and all-time top scorer; 109 matches and 51 goals. Gyan is the African leading scorer in the World Cup with 6 goals and so many other achievements in his illustrious career.Asamoah elaborated on how his brother influenced him to choose Accra Academy where he was able to combine football and education.“He went to Adisadel College and I wanted to follow his footsteps when I completed JHS and I had to choose Adisadel College, so I chose all the Cape Coast schools,” Baby Jet said.“Baffour said no. All my friends that were in Accra I played with, I saw them playing in the U-17 national team and I was at school,” Asamoah Gyan said reminiscing what his elder brother had told him.He added that my brother “should have been in that team at that time, so he advised me not to go that far, I should be in Accra, so, that was how I chose Accra Academy.“My grade was okay so they spoke to the headmaster and he said okay, because I was a football player. So, he was the one guiding me in all these things and it really worked.”last_img read more

first_imgLaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 30, 2020 Cash problems also ballast Barça. How he spent this summer with the case Neymar, the latest investments (From Jong, 86 million euros and Griezmann, 120 million euros) left Barça without liquidity despite resorting even to US investment funds to request loans. That has prevented the Rodrigo operation from crystallizing.Even if it worries you the least by seeing the latest decisions made, Barça is also worried about next season’s planning. And in it, Lautaro Martínez I played a leading role. There are voices among Barça technicians and executives who argue that if the decision is to sign Lautaro, it will be necessary to survive what remains of the season with what there is (Dembélé, Ansu, Messi and Griezmann) and put all the eggs in the front basket of the Inter, recover when Suárez recovers. Other voices, however, remember that, until he was injured, the Uruguayan had intervened in almost 42 percent of the goals made by the Barca team. That data makes them panic. The negotiations for Rodrigo are broken, Barça has panicked 40 hours after the closing of the transfer market. Seemingly impossible to transfer Lautaro Martínez, and with the operation of the front of the Valencia stop, The debate in the offices of the Camp Nou at this time focuses on the suitability of incorporating or not a signing of guarantees. The case Boateng He scored a lot for the technical secretariat, which brought a player from the Sassuolo to walk around the city and little else. A management failure that served to proclaim to the four winds that players would never be signed without guarantees and that, if they did not exist, would be thrown from the quarry. It was the initial plan this course when you bet on Carles Pérez. But the striker is heading to Rome and Barça still does not have a replacement for the boy from the subsidiary or Suárez. Offers multiply, but to Abidal He is afraid to make a Boateng.last_img read more