Category: xicafzcl

first_imgSubsea Technology & Rentals (STR) has appointed Steve Harris as technical operations manager – Australia. This comes following expansion into the region and appointment of Jason French as business development director – Asia Pacific, in September 2018, and also increase in customer enquiries and demand for subsea equipment in the regionScott Johnstone, Group managing director, said: “Since the appointment of Jason, we have established key relationships with existing and new customers which has set a strong foundation in the region for future opportunities.“In order for STR to support these opportunities it was vital for us to appoint a technical operations manager in the region to provide our customers with the technical expertise they have become accustomed to. Steve Harris is a well-respected individual in the survey industry and comes with a wealth of hands on experience and knowledge. We are pleased to welcome Steve to the team and look forward to building on our presence in Australia.”last_img read more

first_imgILOILO City – Police arrested a man forillegal gambling in Barangay Naisud, Numancia, Aklan. The 28-year-old Esterilito Sabino wasnabbed around 9:50 a.m. on Wednesday, a police report showed. Police chanced upon him collecting betsfrom illegal numbers game. The suspect was detained in thecustodial facility of the Numanancia police station, facing charges./PN Seized were P5,050 bet money andgambling paraphernalia from Sabino’s possession. last_img

first_imgA medical worker does a mouth swab on President Rodrigo Duterte Thursday as close ally Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go looks on. PTV Go also said that he and PresidentDuterte will continue to “seriously” take precautionary measures and complywith the advice of health officials for them to “remain healthy” and avoid thespread of the COVID-19. Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Gosaid that the test result was encouraging for the Chief Executive as he remains“fit and healthy” to fulfill his mandate as the country’s highest electedofficial. “Now more than ever, we as electedofficials should do everything we can to be of service to the Filipino people,”Go said. MANILA – President Rodrigo Dutertetested negative for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), based on the testresults from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM). Several Cabinet members in FinanceSecretary Carlos Dominguez III, Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, BasesConversion and Development Authority President Vince Dizon, and Bangko Sentralng Pilipinas Governor Benjamin Diokno have announced that they haveself-quarantined due to exposure to a person who tested positive for the virus. “The government as a whole should stilldo its job in a manner that will not put the health of others at risk. Hindi pwedeng ipagpaliban ang tulong sakapwa Pilipino, tuloy tuloy dapat angserbisyo,” he added./PN ”The results of the tests for Covid-19conducted on President Rodrigo Duterte and I turned out negative. We are fitand healthy to perform our duties,” Go said. Duterte and Go underwent tests forCOVID-19 at Bahay Pagbabago in Malacañang Palace on Thursday after their recentmeeting with some Cabinet members who have direct exposure to a COVID-19patient.last_img read more

first_imgPictured: Ric Hertel, Shane Tucker, Ryan Marshall and Ashlee SatterfieldBatesville, In. — Ripley County prosecutor Ric Hertel presented his 2nd annual “State of the Streets” report in Batesville.The report shows in 2013 there were 40 cases of domestic violence reported, compared to 74 reported in the first 10 months of 2017. In October of 2017 a deputy prosecutor, Ashlee Satterfield was added to the staff to handle domestic violence cases.In 2013 Hertel says 125 drug-related cases were filed by his office compared to 204 so far this year. He says it is likely the number will double by the end of the year.The report says methamphetamine lab investigations are down for 2017, but Indiana had more in 2016 than any other state in the country. At the same time, the Indiana State Police have tested more methamphetamine samples so far this year. Hertel says the increase is due to the introduction of crystal methamphetamine manufactured in “super labs” reportedly in Mexico.Hertel says the increases could be attributed to more awareness, publicity or increased law enforcement presence, not necessarily more criminal incidents.Hertel says the juvenile crime statistics are encouraging. In 2016 39 actions were filed against juvenile defendants. In 2017 that number is 17. Hertel cited a partnership and collaboration between his office, state & local police and schools as the driving factor for the decrease.The Ripley County jail has a capacity of 99 inmates and has been regularly over that number. Hertel says the problem is mitigated by work release, home monitoring and modified punishments. However, a new facility could be needed in the future.Batesville police chief Stan Holt, Indiana State Police detective Tom Baxter and Ripley County sheriff Jeff Cumberworth were honored for their contributions to public safety. The three officers have a combined experience of more than 90 years and have worked on many serious, high profile cases.last_img read more

first_imgCampbellsburg,, IN— The West Washington Head Varsity Football coach,  Phillip Bowsman, passed away Monday afternoon after complications related to a stroke he suffered during a game Friday, according to the school corporation.Bowsman suffered a stroke due to a blood clot while coaching the Semi-State game against Indianapolis Lutheran, according to West Washington School Corporation’s Facebook page. Bowsman had been employed by WWSC for 19 years. He began his employment as a health/P.E. teacher and assistant coach in a variety of sports, according to the school corporation. Bowsman eventually earned roles as the head varsity football coach and athletic director. The West Washington Football team defeated North Decatur in the Regionals to move on to Semi-State action.last_img read more

first_imgJim Dreaper’s challenger Goonyella put in a stirring late charge to finish second in the Coral Scottish Grand National at Ayr. Wayward Prince was almost retired by connections earlier in the season but earned a reprieve with victory at Doncaster in February, and also ran well when third on his only subsequent start at Ascot. Dreaper was delighted with Goonyella’s performance on ground that would have been quick enough for him, and he is hoping his excellent run will help him earn a place in the Crabbie’s Grand National next year after missing out the last twice. “He showed again he’s got great stamina. His lack of pace is just shown up a bit more on that ground, but that was very good,” said the County Meath handler. “The plan is to try to get him into Aintree to beat the ballot. He’s missed out two years in a row and maybe he can do it next year.” Press Associationcenter_img It was a close call at the end of the prestigious marathon contest, but 25-1 chance Wayward Prince rolled back the years to hold on after l eading at the third-last fence. Hilary Parrott’s 11-year-old dug deep for jockey Robbie Dunne to hang on for glory as Johnny Burke, who had been hard at work for a long way on the Midlands National hero, got a sustained run out of the out-and-out stayer to finish just three-quarters of a length in arrears. last_img read more

first_img The Ulstermen, with just one interpro win in Dublin since 1999, stayed in the hunt through some strength-sapping phases. Leinster managed to hold them at arm’s length despite some incisive running from Stuart McCloskey and Craig Gilroy. Ireland out-halves Sexton and Jackson swapped penalties inside the opening quarter-hour, the latter scoring at the second attempt after a strong spell of carrying from the Ulster forwards and big centre McCloskey. Sexton then found Fitzgerald with a pinpoint cross-field kick past halfway, but the supporting Isa Nacewa – a late inclusion at full-back for Rob Kearney (tight hamstring) – was swiftly bundled into touch. Leinster carried more of an attacking threat in the second quarter, Sexton’s looping pass inviting Fitzgerald forward on the left wing again and Andrew Trimble conceded a five-metre lineout. The hosts were held up from close range and the prolonged spell of pressure near the Ulster posts petered out with a loose Nacewa pass. The hosts’ persistence eventually paid off approaching the interval. Although Robbie Diack denied them initially with an athletic steal, Cullen’s side got a second lineout right and the subsequent maul saw hooker Cronin crash over. Sexton missed the left-sided conversion with a poor strike. A barnstorming run from Rhys Ruddock saw Leinster begin the second period with a bang, however Sexton’s inviting pass was knocked on by Ben Te’o with the try-line at his mercy. Rory Best came to Ulster’s rescue as he held up Van der Flier past the whitewash following a powerful run from Tadhg Furlong, and the visitors dug deep to claw back possession and territory, a Peter Nelson kick finally bringing them back into the Leinster half. It was Leinster’s turn to scramble back after Trimble exploited some space on the left wing, but a well-won Moore penalty broke up a promising Ulster spell. Holding the lion’s share of possession, Leinster were unable to add to their lead and, frustratingly for visiting boss Les Kiss, the Ulstermen could not get back into scoring range. Ian Madigan pushed a long-range drop goal effort wide and Leinster relied on their well-organised defence to see them home, tackling to a standstill to claim a very hard-earned victory. Leo Cullen’s men claimed a deserved victory to get back on track after two disappointing weeks in Europe, with man of the match Luke Fitzgerald, Josh van der Flier and Martin Moore standing out. In a cagey first half with few moments of real quality, Ulster’s stubborn defence eventually gave way as Cronin drove over from a 36th-minute lineout maul to give Leinster an 8-3 lead. Jonathan Sexton and Paddy Jackson had kicked early penalties. Press Associationcenter_img Sean Cronin scored the only try of a bruising and defence-dominated Guinness PRO12 derby as Leinster overcame Ulster 8-3 at the RDS. last_img read more

first_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Melbourne: Sachin Tendulkar has sued an Australian cricket bat manufacturer for allegedly failing to pay him USD 3 million under an exclusive licensing agreement to use his name and image on the company’s products, according to media reports here.The 45-year-old Tendulkar, who holds a plethora of records in international cricket, was signed up by the Sydney-based company Spartan Sports in 2016. It was co-founded by Indian entrepreneur Kunal Sharma.In September last year, Tendulkar, an investor and an advisory board member, terminated his association after the company defaulted on payments running into crores, asking the company to stop using his name and likeness.Now, the batting legend has filed a civil lawsuit in an Australian court.”Tendulkar is suing Spartan after it allegedly failed to pay him USD 3 million under an exclusive licensing agreement to use his name and image on sporting goods,” said a report in the ‘Sydney Morning Herald’. It is not known what damages were sought by Tendulkar. Interestingly, David Warner used a bat manufactured by Spartan while hitting 107 against Pakistan in the World Cup match in Taunton on Wednesday.The report said Warner recently signed a new deal with Spartan but it was unclear whether or not he had been paid a portion of his contract.While there was no suggestion Spartan would not pay the money owed to the Australian opener, Warner’s manager James Erskine said he expected the contract to be fulfilled.”Warner has got a contract with them and if they don’t pay, we’d probably do the same thing (as Tendulkar). If people don’t pay you under a contract, you are free to sue them for the money you think you have been owed,” Erskine was quoted as saying in the report.A court ruling in Australia last year ordered the sports gear and equipment company to be liquidated, which in turn could affect the players associated with Spartan Sports. Michael Clarke, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Kevin Pietersen are among other cricketers Spartan has had on its books over the years. Australian Test cricketers Mitchell Johnson and Joe Burns have previously sued Spartan over an alleged shortfall in contract payments. last_img read more

first_img(REUTERS) – INTERNATIONAL Olympic Committee (IOC) chief Thomas Bach says the Tokyo Games would have to be scrapped if the event cannot be held next year due to the COVID-19 crisis.In March, the IOC and Japanese government took the unprecedented decision to delay the Games, which had been due to start in July, for a year due to the novel coronavirus outbreak.However, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said the multi-sports event cannot take place in 2021 unless the virus is contained and Bach said he understood his position.The novel coronavirus has infected more than 17 100 people in Japan, causing 797 deaths.“Quite frankly, I have some understanding for this, because you can’t forever employ 3 000 or 5 000 people in an Organising Committee,” Bach told the BBC.“You can’t every year change the entire sports schedule worldwide of all the major federations. You can’t have the athletes being in uncertainty.”Bach said the IOC was committed to holding the Games next year though it had to be prepared for various scenarios including quarantining athletes.“What could this mean for the life in an Olympic Village?” he said.“All these different scenarios are under consideration and this is why I’m saying it’s a mammoth task, because there are so many different options that it’s not easy to address them (now).“When we have a clear view on how the world will look on July 23, 2021, then (we will) take the appropriate decisions.”last_img read more

first_imgThese Trojans know drama all too well. On senior day and in the last game at the Galen Center for six of the Trojans’ 15 players, USC nearly blew it.Holding steady · Senior point guard Jio Fontan (above) fouled out of Saturday’s game in 22 minutes of action, but the Trojans held on down the stretch thanks to late free throws from senior forward Eric Wise. — Ralf Cheung | Daily Trojan But they didn’t. After relinquishing a 11-point second-half lead, the Trojans eked out a 57-56 win over Arizona State on Saturday after a 35-foot heave by the Sun Devils’ Jahii Carson clanked off the rim at the buzzer.The Trojans (14-15, 9-7 Pac-12) haven’t excelled at the line in their past two games, but it was an official review and two ensuing free throws that allowed them to avenge their overtime loss to the Sun Devils (20-10, 9-8) in January.USC led 55-52 and had possession with 53 seconds left. But after junior shooting guard J.T. Terrell bricked a jumper, senior forward Eric Wise managed to grab the rebound and get fouled. The only problem? It appeared that the shot clock expired before Wise was fouled.After five minutes of official review and hushed anticipation in the home crowd, the referees confirmed the foul. Wise coolly hit both free throws, and USC’s lead was back to five with 19 seconds left.“I didn’t know exactly what happened,” said USC interim head coach Bob Cantu. “We were going to plan on them having the ball and we were going to plan on defending that last possession. Then, we found out we got the free throws.”Some on the Trojan bench had a different take.“I knew,” said junior center Omar Oraby about the foul call. “I was right there on the bench, I saw it happen. So I knew that there was a foul and that the ball was ours. So, I wasn’t really worried about it.”Arizona State managed to get the final possession after two layups, a Trojan turnover while inbounding the ball and a Wise miss on the front end of a one-and-one. But Carson, who led all scorers with 23 points, couldn’t get one final shot to fall. Cantu didn’t underestimate the importance of the Pac-12 win.“It’s never easy,” Cantu said. “Everything you do in this conference is always earned, whether it’s home or away. We did a great job of hanging on, and at the end of the day we got the win.”Wise led the Trojans with 12 points, while sophomore guard Byron Wesley had 11 points and Terrell finished with 10 points. Junior forward Dewayne Dedmon was mired in foul trouble but finished with nine rebounds and three blocks to go with four points.The Trojans were cruising for most of the second half and went up, 46-30, with 11:08 to go. The Sun Devils shot 46.9 percent from the field in the second half compared to 37.5 percent in the opening half, but USC still maintained a 51-37 lead with 7:34 to go. Over the next two minutes, though, the Sun Devils went on an 8-0 run to cut the deficit to six.This stretch was punctuated by a flagrant foul by USC’s most tenured starter, senior point guard Jio Fontan. Fontan had exited the game eight minutes earlier after falling hard to the floor following a missed jumper and coming up holding his right wrist. But in his last game at home, Fontan went to the locker room, wrapped up his wrist and returned after missing about six minutes of the game.“The trainer said he probably couldn’t,” Cantu said on Fontan’s return to the game. “I looked down the bench and asked [Fontan] if he could go, and he said ‘Yeah.’”Following his return, Fontan was dribbling the ball up the court when, while trying to shield his wrist, he swung and connected his elbow with Carson. Carson made the two free throws given for the ensuing flagrant foul call on Fontan, and then hit a jumper on the ensuing possession to convert a four-point play.“The rules are the rules,” Fontan said. “I swung my elbows, not intentionally to hit him, of course. I knew he knew it wasn’t intentional … [but] it was the right call.”Another issue that flared up in the second half was USC’s struggle to guard seven-foot-two ASU center Jordan Bachynski. The Canadian product had 12 of his 17 points in the second half and could force Cantu and the coaching staff to make adjustments in the post defense.“The key to it is if you can stop penetration, you don’t give any advantage,” Cantu said. “If penetration is coming from the top of the wing, then all of a sudden people are in a scramble and people are helping up and giving them opportunities to get layups and dunks.”In a gesture to his departing players, Cantu went with an all-senior starting lineup. This included the first starts of the season for center James Blasczyk and guard Tyler Sugiyama — in fact, it was Sugiyama’s first start of his four-year tenure at USC. Sugiyama played 60 seconds and then was subbed out to the chorus of an appreciative ovation from the home crowd.The Trojans raced out to a 28-9 lead, as Arizona State made just three of their first 16 shots. USC’s suffocating defense let down as the Sun Devils went on an 11-3 run to end the half down just 11, but the Trojans were by far the better squad in the opening half. The Trojan bench also outscored ASU, 16-3, in the first half and 34-10 for the game.last_img read more