Tag: 上海夜网ZS

first_img One of the Mexican men captured might be connected to the Sinaloa Cartel, one of the largest drug organizations in Mexico, the Ministry said in a statement. Ecuador, traditionally considered a transit country for drugs headed towards the United States and Europe, confiscated about 42 tons of drugs, the majority of which was cocaine, in 2012, compared to 26 tons in 2011, and 18 tons in 2010. By Dialogo May 09, 2013 The vessel sailed through Ecuadorean waters and it could not be reached by the country’s National Navy units, according to the Ministry. Three crew members who identified themselves as Mexican nationals were on board, and set the ship on fire with the drugs on board after being discovered. The seizure might be related to a case of a Mexican-flagged ship that was carrying four tons of cocaine, and which was intercepted by the U.S. Coast Guard in international waters near Mexico, according to information given by Ecuador to the DEA. center_img The operation, called ‘Aluvión,’ was carried out in the provinces of Guayas and El Oro – on the Peruvian border – and also produced the arrest of five Ecuadorean nationals and the seizure of $277,000, stated the Ministry of Interior. After operation ‘Aluvión’, which included the seizure of the Mexican vessel with four tons of cocaine, Ecuadorean Minister of Interior José Serrano told the press that his country has seized 15 tons of drugs so far in 2013. On May 7, Ecuadorean authorities seized 457 kg of cocaine, which possibly belonged to the Sinaloa Cartel, during an operation where they arrested four Mexican nationals. last_img read more

first_imgBureau of Corrections official Fredric Santos, who testified in the Senate’s inquiry into the good conduct time allowance law, was shot dead Wednesday afternoon. ABS-CBN NEWS “The reason why we put the heat on him is (that) he was the one who said, ‘I gave the information on executive order by the Department of Justice No. 953 that nobody can be released without the permission of the Secretary of Justice’,” Gordon said. MANILA – The Department of Justice (DOJ) believes the killing of suspended Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) legal chief Fredric Santos was “very likely connected to the controversy over good conduct credits granted to prisoners. Meanwhile, Sen. Richard Gordon said that President Rodrigo Duterte must act “immediately” on the killing of Santos, who served as BuCor’s legal division chief. DOJ Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Thursday that the motive of it was “very likely” due to the GCTA (Good Conduct Time Allowance) issue, adding the investigation on the ambush is still ongoing. Santos had testified before Gordon’s Senate Blue Ribbon Committee when the panel investigated into BuCor for allowing heinous crime convicts to walk free without seeking the approval of the DOJ. He was even cited in contempt supposedly lying. “I hope the President orders the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) to act immediately on the matter because the Bureau of Corrections is under the DOJ,” Gordon said in an interview with ABS-CBN News Channel.center_img GCTAs are deductions to the sentence of a well-behaving prisoner. For years, the BuCor awarded GCTAs to all convicted prisoners, interpreting the law in a way that led to the early release of even convicts of heinous crimes. Santos was aboard his vehicle in front of his child’s school in Barangay Poblacion in Muntinlupa City on Wednesday afternoon when he was attacked by two gunmen in motorcycle. Santos, a former prison guard who rose through the ranks over the years to become the bureau’s legal chief, also described systemic corruption within the agency that he said was protected by a code of silence. He became a lawyer only in 2017./PN Santos was suspended by the Ombudsman last September in connection with the alleged misapplication of the law governing the grant of GCTAs and other time credits to prisoners. The preventive suspension was to last for six months. Guevarra also said that he ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to look into the assassination of Santos, who was the third BuCor official to be gunned down since 2018.last_img read more

first_imgST GEORGE’S, Grenada,(CMC) – Jamaica Scorpions were rocked for their third lowest total ever in the Regional Four-Day Championship but then hit back through left-arm spinner Patrick Harty, to leave their seventh round contest against Windward Islands Volcanoes delicately balanced heading into today’s final day.Having secured a healthy lead of 164 runs after Volcanoes collapsed to 217 all out in their first innings, Scorpions then inexplicably crashed to 60 all out in their second innings with two single batsmen – number eight Jamie Merchant (19) and number nine Marquino Mindley (10) – reaching double figures.Fast bowlers Ryan John (4-26) and Preston McSween (3-23) then ripped through the top order to reduce Scorpions to 15 for four, and there was no recovery as off-spinner Kenneth Dember then cleaned up the lower order with a spell of three for nine.Left with 225 for victory, Volcanoes dramatically lost veteran left-hander Devon Smith to the first ball of the innings when he was bowled by fast bowler Marquino Mindley, as they stumbled to the close on 51 for three.Captain Kavem Hodge (21) and opener Kimani Melius (11) put on 34 for the second wicket to stabilise the innings but Harty intervened to remove both, and tilt the balance in the visitors’ favour.First, Harty hit Melius in front with a straight ball and then had Hodge cheekily stumped down the leg-side by Grenadian Denis Smith.On a day when 21 wickets tumbled at the National Stadium, Volcanoes lost their last eight wickets for 85 runs in a rapid decline that saw Mindley grab four for 48 and off-spinner Jamie Merchant finish three for 46.Devon Smith, unbeaten on 67, added just five before falling to a catch at the wicket off Mindley and Andre Fletcher, resuming on 22, reached 33 before he was bowled by Mindley.In between, West Indies batsman Sunil Ambris perished for one, also bowled by the fired up Mindley.Keron Cottoy, batting at number seven, resisted with an unbeaten 48 off 83 balls with six fours, to push his side beyond the 200-run mark.In a nightmare start to their innings, John trapped Alwyn Williams for seven in the fourth over with 12 runs on the board before McSween removed Jermaine Blackwood (2) and Nkrumah Bonner (0) in successive deliveries in the next over.John then got the prized wicket of captain John Campbell, caught at the wicket for six, leaving the Scorpions innings in strife.Merchant and Denis Smith (3) came together at 25 for six to stage the best stand of the innings with 20 for the seventh wicket but once Smith turned Dember into Melius’s hands at short leg, the slide continued.last_img read more