Tag: 夜上海论坛PE

first_imgLast year, Pangborn raised over $700 for South Bend’s S-O-S Rape Crisis Center with its Project Pink event, and rector Sr. Mary Donnelly was hopeful this year’s event would be even more successful. “Last year we raised a little over $700,” she said. “Hopefully we can hit that or beyond. At the rate funding is being cut, everything we can do helps.” The fourth annual Project Pink was held Friday at Legends. The commissioners of the event, sophomore Kathleen Kastenholz and senior Rebecca Palacios, said they have been planning the event since before Christmas. Palacios said the event has evolved since Pangborn adopted it four years ago. “It started as a vintage fashion show with a retro theme,” she said. “We wanted a more diverse selection of items, so we adopted a new theme.” The event raised money for the Center by having a silent auction to bid on articles of clothing in the fashion show, raffling items and selling Project Pink sunglasses and T-shirts. Many of the silent auction and raffle items were donated, including a gift certificate to local boutique Inspire Me and a pair of pink Crocs from Notre Dame Sports Marketing. In keeping with the retro theme of the fashion show, Kastenholz began shopping for pink clothes at consignment shops and vintage stores; some of the clothes were also donated. It was Kastenholz who also come up with this year’s tag line: “Pink isn’t just a color, it’s an attitude.” “I saw it on a sign and thought it was perfect,” she said. Project Pink used to also have an event where participants could donate their hair for making wigs, however, Pangborn has since teamed up with “The Bald and the Beautiful,” a campus wide event for cancer research. When planning the fashion show, Palacios was able to bring her experience from an internship in event planning. Both girls were also responsible for coordinating models and helping the girls put together outfits with the donated clothes. The models were all volunteers from Pangborn. “I was in the show last year and it was really fun and a really great cause, that’s why I applied for commissioner,” Kastenholz said. Both commissioners also were apart of planning prom fashion shows at their high schools and said that experience was helpful in planning Project Pink. “The Center has so many different services and they are all free of charge,” Kastenholz said. “The money we raised to be donated will be used where it can.” The event was not just about the fashion show — BlackMagic, a magic and comedy show featuring junior Eugene Staples and senior Eras Noel, performed, as well as Halftime, a campus a capella group.last_img read more

first_img Chosen the best blocker in the women’s volleyball Super League for 2010/2011, Sergeant Juciely is a confirmed participant at the 5th Military World Games. However, before reporting to the Brazilian military team, the middle blocker has an important commitment. At 31 years old, she was named for the first time to the main Brazilian national team and will compete for the Pan-American Cup in Guadalajara, in Mexico. “Every athlete has the goal of joining the national team. At times, I thought that I was already in my thirties, and I wouldn’t get there. But I never lost hope completely,” she said in an interview with the Super Esportes [Super Sports] Web site. With the proximity of the Pan-American Games, which will also be in Guadalajara, and the London Olympic Games, Sergeant Juciely aspires to consolidate her place on coach José Roberto Guimarães’s team. “Whether I’m going to participate in those competitions, nobody knows. The team has great athletes. I know I have to go after it. Just being here among them is already a big step.” The Pan-American Cup ends on July 9th, one week before the start of the Military World Games. The limited time between the two competitions has not limited the motivation of the athlete from Minas Gerais. “I’m going to participate (in the Military World Games) when I return from Mexico. I even think that this period with the national team may help in the competition at the (Military) Games,” she affirmed. By Dialogo June 24, 2011last_img read more

first_imgPennsylvania’s Every Student Succeeds Act Plan Receives Final Approval SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Press Release,  Schools That Teach Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced that Pennsylvania’s federally-required replacement to No Child Left Behind has received final approval from the U.S. Department of Education (USDE). Pennsylvania’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Consolidated State Plan is the state’s most comprehensive federal education blueprint since 2002.“Today’s approval serves as an historic moment for public education in the commonwealth,” said Governor Wolf. “Pennsylvania is committed to ensuring that all students have access to an equitable, high-quality, well-rounded education, and our ESSA plan greatly enhances that mission. The plan provides critical resources to schools and a flexible framework through which teachers can teach and students can learn.”The plan sets ambitious goals for closing, and ultimately eliminating, achievement gaps; increases attention to student growth in school accountability and improvement efforts; and commits to a full, fair, and transparent presentation of school success based on a more comprehensive set of measures. As an example, a focus on STEM education, and the implementation of a new Career Ready Indicator, will highlight school success in career exploration activities, even down to the elementary level.Additionally, the plan includes the development of the Future Ready PA Index, a new, public-facing school progress report that expands the indicators used to measure school performance, and extends the comprehensive approach to ensuring student and school success. The Index will place additional emphasis on academic growth, a robust chronic absenteeism measure, attention to both four-year and extended-year graduation rates, and assessments of postsecondary readiness.“Pennsylvania’s plan reflects our guiding principles of transparency, equity, and innovation, and provides new flexibility to schools as they prepare students for success after graduation,” said Secretary of Education Pedro A. Rivera. “We are particularly proud of the extensive stakeholder engagement efforts undertaken during the planning process, which ensures that the plan aligns with the needs and priorities of Pennsylvania’s educators, students, and communities.”Pennsylvania’s ESSA Consolidated State Plan was submitted to USDE on September 18, 2017, after an extensive stakeholder engagement process. To develop the plan, the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE):Assembled four work groups – comprised of teachers, charter school and district level administrators, advocates, civil rights leaders, former policymakers from both parties, and others – to study key aspects of the law and develop framework recommendations;Commissioned an independent study to examine work group recommendations in the context of academic literature and other evidence;Testified before the House and Senate Education committees and worked with lawmakers to address plan components;Held six dedicated town halls in regions across the commonwealth to gather additional stakeholder feedback;Participated in approximately 30 statewide conferences, professional association meetings, and parent forums to reach more than 2,000 Pennsylvanians and present on the state’s ESSA planning and early implementation;Consulted with national nonpartisan policy and technical experts (American Institutes for Research, Council of Chief State School Officers, Education Commission of the States) to solicit additional insight, feedback, and suggestions for specific plan components; andPresented the plan for public comment in English and Spanish for a 30-day period, during which time PDE received more than 400 comments and suggestions.For more information about Pennsylvania’s education policies and programs, or to read the approved ESSA Consolidated State Plan, visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.pa.gov or follow PDE on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.center_img January 17, 2018last_img read more

first_imgAfter months of preparations, Hyperdynamics is finally set to spud the Fatala-1 exploration well in its concession offshore Guinea.The oil company has informed that the Pacific Scirocco deep water drillship has reached its target drilling location 165 kilometers offshore the Republic of Guinea in Northwest Africa and is making final preparations to spud the Fatala-1 well later this week.The Fatala-1 well will be drilled in approximately 2,900 meters of water to test a large turbidite fan prospect in the Transform Margin play with prospective P50 recoverable resources of 647 million barrels of oil based on a 2016 Netherland Sewell resource report, the company said.“We expect to complete final provisioning preparations today to be ready for the actual spudding of the well no later than Friday,” said Hyperdynamics’ President and Chief Executive Officer Ray Leonard.“Drilling is expected to take approximately 40 days to reach a total depth of 2,500 meters below the mud line. The next six weeks or so are going to be an extremely busy and exciting time for Hyperdynamics, as we seek to unlock what we believe is world-class oil potential from this largely untested basin offshore the Republic of Guinea in Northwest Africa.”Subject to positive drilling results, the company plans to drill another exploration well the Bamboo, of recoverable resource estimate at 560 million barrels of oil on the primary sand.Offshore Energy Today Stafflast_img read more

first_imgReacting to the NFF ‘ no promotion, no relegation,’ decision, he said that, it was the wisest way to go, adding that it would give everybody the motivation and strength to move forward for the next season.‘Importantly, though, we are playing in the Nationwide League, as a young club, our primary objective is to expose our players to competitive football starting from the bottom, and if you have been following the club progress you know where our future is. Most remarkable, we are ready to keep creating opportunities that will add value to the society and better the world,’ Gonzalo Dibiasi explained.Commenting on the club’s achievement and readiness for the next season, the club’s spokesperson, Ms. Ekamen Wushishi, said as a young club, FC Bulmaro, had taken part in youth club competition in Barcelona, Spain, playing with the kids of global football giants and beating a few of them. We missed this year’s tournament due to the global pandemic. We are ever ready. Our players are young, full of energy and very focused. It is always the joy of our stakeholders to see them do exploit. It is the only club from this part of the world that is participating in the championship.‘We do not wish to sound boastful, no team in the cadre is our match in anyway. Our drive and bond is solely pulled towards changing lives of those who genuinely cross our path. For us to achieve this goal we are open to partnership that would be of immense value to our young population, ‘ she said.She also revealed that a prominent foreign body was meeting with the promoters of the young team seeking ways to ride on the back of the club, as a platform to develop and empower young football talents in the country from the grassroots.This development the club stakeholders believe would surely change the football industry for the better and inspire effective leadership in the game of football in the country.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram By Kunle AdewaleHead Coach, FC Bulmaro, Gonzalo Dibiasi has hailed the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF on its decision over the possibility of starting a new football season in September.Dibiasi commended the NFF for its boldness and unshaken commitment to ensure that a new season begin as stated after a long rest because of the global pandemic which has affected the sporting world.last_img read more

center_img The first teaser for Deadpool 2 is here and it’s somehow everything and nothing you’d expect it to be. There are shots from the movie here, but you don’t get to see much. Mostly, it’s quick cuts between characters and scenes that make you drool over how cool everything looks. There are some old favorites from the first Deadpool, and we get to see some newcomers in action for the first time. Sounds like a standard movie teaser, right? Well, that’s just a small part of it.Yeah, that’s a full minute and a half of Ryan Reynolds doing his best Bob Ross impression before we see a second of footage from the movie. Even the most predictable jokes land, and I’m pretty sure that’s because Bob Ross humor never gets old. There’s a lot to appreciate here. Reynolds’ comedic timing is still great, making even the most obvious dirty jokes come as a surprise. The fourth-wall breaking continues to be funny even after a movie that was absolutely full of it. It’s just such a constant barrage of stupidity that it can wear down even the most cynical exterior. The paint names alone are proof that the only thing funnier than one bad pun is an uncomfortable amount of bad puns.So what about the part where it shows clips from the actual movie? As brief as each shot is, there are a few things we can take away from it. Domino looks fantastic, but we already knew that. Negasonic Teenage Warhead is back and just as surly as ever. Dopinder makes an appearance as well, and it looks like he’s more than Deadpool’s cab driver this time around. He’s now part of Deadpools circle of friends and it looks like he’ll get to see some real action this time. You don’t get a badass spitting scene like that and not punch anybody.We also get only the briefest of looks at Cable, which makes sense. He’s been the most anticipated part of this movie since Deadpool‘s post-credits scene. It makes sense that the movie would keep its Cable cards close to the chest. All we see him do is jump on to a car, shrouded in shadow so we can’t even see his face, and grab a gun right at the end. The best look at the character we get is in Deadpool Ross’ finished painting. It’s the holiday meal Good Housekeeping poster we saw last week. The movie is looking like more Deadpool, and I think that’s exactly what I’ll be in the mood for in 2018.Sebastian Stan (Photo via Marvel Studios)Marvel Studios also has big plans for 2018. Avengers: Infinity War comes out in may, bringing together nearly everyone we’ve met in the last 10 years of Marvel movies. Yes, that includes Sebastian Stan’s Bucky Barnes. It couldn’t not, considering he was such a big part of Captain America: Civil War. During a panel at Rhode Island Comic Con, Stan spoke about what it was like on the set of Marvel’s biggest movie, Comic Book reports. Apparently, the secrecy around these movies is also frustrating on set. Especially because they don’t receive a full script. That can make an actor’s job difficult because they aren’t aware of what each scene is building towards or what came before it. At this stage though, Stan is used to it.“It’s not something you always deal with. I feel like you always kind of have a script. But I guess, what I would say is, because we’ve done these characters for a bit now, there’s a little bit of a telepathic kind of knowledge between us and the writers. And you kind of can sometimes guess where they’re going to take it, a little bit,” Stan said.Even with his experience, Infinity War, with all its moving parts and multiple characters, was especially difficult to work on with an incomplete script. “For example, this one was really hard, because we keep going in and out,” he said. “I go back there for a week, and then I leave for a month. And then I go back there for a few more days. So it’s a little bit out of sync. But it still hopefully adds up in the end.”We hope it will too. Not that we have much reason to be worried. Marvel has a great track record with superhero team-up movies. Now if only we could get a trailer…Anson Mount, Serinda Swan and Iwan Rheon (Photo: Screenshot via YouTube)Stan’s not the only one dropping references to future Marvel Cinematic Universe projects either. Inhumans aired its season (probably series) finale last Friday. Did you watch it? Statistically, the answer is no. If that’s the case, you missed an Avengers: Infinity War tease that connects the maligned series to the greater MCU. First, here’s the backstory you need to know: Black Bolt is the ruler of the Inhumans. Maximus wants power for himself, so he leads a rebellion to unseat Black Bolt, resulting in the royal family getting stuck on Earth. All caught up?In the finale, we learned that Maximus originally tried to get Black Bolt off the thrown by making him accidentally kill his parents. It would have worked, but Bolt stayed on the throne because of one event: The Genetic Council revealed that an enemy was coming who threatened the existence of all Inhumans. Out of a duty to protect his people Bolt remained on the throne. So, what enemy could that be? Well, Comic Book has some ideas. That could be setting up a conflict for a future season, but Inhumans is unlikely to get one. Whatever the intent, it will probably be retconned to refer to a future Earth-threatening enemy in the movies.Thanos is a likely candidate, considering no Marvel villain threatens all of existence quite like the Mad Titan. Had Inhumans been a bigger success, it would be easy to see this reveal as building up excitement for Infinity War. It would have been cool if Marvel was able to say that Thanos is such a big threat even the TV shows can’t ignore him. Of course, Marvel could have been thinking further ahead. Many fans have speculated that Secret Invasion will be the next big storyline for the MCU after Infinity War. The best case for that theory is that the Skrulls will feature heavily in Captain Marvel, which comes out in between Infinity War and Avengers 4. Secret Invasion is definitely a storyline that could play out on both the big and small screens. The movie superheroes could deal with the larger cause of the invasion while S.H.I.E.L.D. could handle individual alien impostors. That actually sounds pretty cool. I hope this is where the MCU goes.The most likely enemy though, is the Brood. The insect-like aliens recruit new members by laying eggs inside of them, and will more likely show up on TV than in the movies. The fifth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has the team fighting insectoid aliens, so a crossover between the two ABC shows could have been the plan all along. With as poorly as Inhumans was recieved though, who knows if that’s still in the works? We’ll never know what the MCU would have looked like had Inhumans been the success Marvel so desperately wanted it to be. Even if it was mostly bad, these little universe teases are fun. It’s the one thing Marvel does consistently well no matter what the rest of the project looks like.last_img read more