Tag: 爱上海419龙凤后花园

first_imgMichael Blygen’s hat-trick rescued Boys’ Town from embarrassment against lower leaguers Maxfield Park, in their Locker Room Sports KSAFA/Jackie Bell Knockout game at Collie Smith Complex yesterday.The home team surrendered a two-goal lead to the Major League outfit, which came back from two-nil down to level at 2-2. But two late goals from the former Tivoli Gardens striker saw the home team win 4-2.After a dour and goalless first half, Boys’ Town went in front just before the hour (59th) when Blygen flicked the ball over the Maxfield goalkeeper and it fell into the goal. Minutes later, Chavanney Willis made it 2-0 when he latched on to a through ball and slotted home.However, the visitors responded minutes later when Romaine Mullington was on the end of a good build-up to tap the ball past the Boys’ Town custodian. And before Boys’ Town realised what hit them, Nico Reynolds, Maxfield’s best player, equalised with a rasping shot from the edge of the box.Maxfield nearly went ahead in the 80th minute, but referee Carvel Banton adjudged that the ball had not crossed the goalline. Then on the counter, Boys’ Town went straight up field and Blygen capitalised on a loose ball to make it 3-2.The former Humble Lion and Rivoli player sealed the win two minutes from time when he broke away and calmly slotted home.Blygen spent the second-half of last season in the Dominican Republic, but missed most of that campaign through injury.”So far in the Premier League, things have been very disappointing. I hope this will be a stepping stone for me to get more playing time and deliver for my team and try to help them make the top four,” he said.”Last season, I joined Boys’ Town in January, then went on a trial overseas in Dominica Republic. I made the team and played three matches, but injury got the better of me. But this season I am back, so I am just taking it a step at a time and doing my best and see what happens.”So I hope this hat-trick gives coach more confidence in me because I have always worked hard, but the team has been up and down; we are not being consistent. So I hope that this is a stepping stone for me to get time on the pitch,” he reasoned.Coach Andrew Price is also hoping this is a turning point for his striker.”I hope that this will be a catalyst for him (Blygen) to assist us in the third round. Boys’ Town always play better football in the third round, and we are preparing ourselves assiduously to really make a good run and see where it leads us,” he declared.Yesterday’s resultsBarbican 1 UWI 0Waterhouse 2 Maverley/Hughenden 1Boys’ Town 4 Maxfield 2Today’s games3 p.m. August Town vs Bull Bay at UWI Mona Bowl3 p.m. Olympic Gardens vs Real Mona at Cling Cling Oval3 p.m. Rockfort vs Cavalier at Rockfort3 p.m. Cooreville Gardens vs Arnett Gardens at Duhaney Park7 p.m. Harbour View vs Tivoli Gardens at Harbour View Stadiumlast_img read more

first_imgFormer Rangers striker Derek Johnstone insists the upcoming Old Firm derby against Celtic is a must win for his old club.Rangers host arch-rivals Celtic in the second Old Firm derby of the season at the Ibrox Stadium this Saturday, following their game against Hibernian on Wednesday.Steven Gerrard’s men are currently one point behind league leaders Celtic, although the defending champions have a game in hand.
Ibrox is expected to witness a full house on Saturday and Johnstone, who has featured in so many of these games claims that the Old Firm derby is the biggest game in Europe.The former Rangers man also said the magnitude of the Celtic clash should serve as extra motivation for the players.“I think, first and foremost, these games stand out above anything in Europe, it’s an Old Firm game”, Johnstone told the official Rangers podcast.Rangers is still behind Celtic: John Hartson Manuel R. Medina – September 3, 2019 According to the former Celtic player, there’s still a massive gap between his ex-club and Rangers in the Scottish Premier League.“That’s the game that everybody wants to see.”“Even down south, they will turn it over from a Liverpool game to watch an Old Firm game.”“That’s how important you have to take it because you know the fans.”
”If you are beaten on the Saturday, you don’t work on the Monday because you get slaughtered by the opposition.”“And we realised that as players, that was the game I had to win.”last_img read more

first_imgFuture of indoor sky diving center up-in-the-air Supposed to be a one-stop-shop for homeless September 18, 2018 Dan Plante Updated: 6:22 PM Categories: Local San Diego News, Politics FacebookTwittercenter_img 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsIt was supposed to be the next big thing in the East Village. An indoor sky diving center with fancy wind tunnels. Before long, the concept took a dive. The place never really caught and went out of business.That’s when the City of San Diego stepped-in, and laid down $7-million dollars to take it over. The concept was well intended and clearly needed. They wanted a one stop shop for homeless services. The execution leaves a lot to be desired. “I thought this was supposed to be helping us out here. They keep promising a place to get help, I haven’t seen it”, says Roderick Bradely, formerly homeless.After a nice summer break under their belts, city leaders are back at city hall and still dealing with the issues of the homeless. They approved a deal to spend $8.5-million to keep three homeless tents open. But they delayed a vote on the *indoor sky diving* center.Insiders at city hall say there is more work to be done before taking the plunge. “If it’s not working, we could look at expanding to other parts of town. But we own the building and we’re going to try, If not, we could always sell it”, says Council Member Scott Sherman. While $7-million sounds like a lot of money, and it is, at this stage the building is worth more than that. Some say it’s worth at least $10-million. At the very least, San Diego taxpayers should not lose money on it. Posted: September 18, 2018 Dan Plante, last_img read more

first_imgU.S. recognizes contested Golan Heights region as part of Israel Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter AP, KUSI Newsroom AP, KUSI Newsroom, Posted: March 21, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsJERUSALEM (AP) — President Donald Trump abruptly declared Thursday the U.S. will recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the disputed Golan Heights, a major shift in American policy that gives Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a political boost a month before what is expected to be a close election.The administration has been considering recognizing Israel’s sovereignty over the strategic highlands, which Israel captured from Syria in 1967, for some time and Netanyahu had pressed the matter with visiting Secretary of State Mike Pompeo just a day earlier.U.S. and Israeli officials said Wednesday they had not expected a decision until next week, when Netanyahu is to visit the U.S.But in a tweet that appeared to catch many by surprise, Trump said the time had come for the United States to take the step, which Netanyahu warmly welcomed as a “miracle” on the Jewish holiday of Purim.“After 52 years it is time for the United States to fully recognize Israel’s Sovereignty over the Golan Heights, which is of critical strategic and security importance to the State of Israel and Regional Stability!” Trump tweeted.The U.S. will be the first country to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan, which the rest of the international community regards as disputed territory occupied by Israel whose status should be determined by negotiations between Israel and Syria. Attempts to bring Israel and Syria to the table have failed. It was not immediately clear how a U.N. peacekeeping force in the Golan might be affected by the U.S. move. That force’s mandate expires at the end of June.There had been signals a decision was coming. Last week, in its annual human rights report, the State Department dropped the phrase “Israeli-occupied” from the Golan Heights section, instead calling it “Israeli-controlled.”Pompeo had brushed questions about the change aside, insisting even earlier Thursday that there was no change in policy. However, in comments to reporters ahead of a Purim dinner with Netanyahu and his wife at their Jerusalem home, Pompeo hailed the shift.“Tonight, President Trump made the decision to recognize that that hard-fought real estate, that important place, is proper to be a sovereign part of the state of Israel,” he said.Netanyahu, who is embroiled in a fierce re-election campaign ahead of April 9 voting, smiled broadly while delivering his own remarks.“We have the miracle of Purim,” he said. “Thank you President Trump.”Netanyahu has for weeks been stepping up longstanding Israeli requests for the U.S. and others to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan. He has bolstered Israel’s traditional argument that the area has for all practical purposes been fully integrated into Israel by accusing Iran of trying to infiltrate terrorists from Syria into the plateau.“At a time when Iran seeks to use Syria as a platform to destroy Israel, President Trump boldly recognizes Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights,” Netanyahu tweeted.Trump’s announcement came as Pompeo was wrapping up a two-day visit to Jerusalem during which he lauded warm ties with Israel, met with Netanyahu on at least three separate occasions and promised to step up pressure on Iran.Pompeo’s events with Netanyahu included a visit to the Western Wall that made him the highest-ranking U.S. official to visit the Jewish holy site with any Israeli leader and appeared to further signal the Trump administration’s support for Israel’s control of the contested city. Trump has recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and moved the U.S. Embassy there from Tel Aviv, prompting the Palestinians to sever ties with the administration.Pompeo’s presence also appeared to signal Trump’s support for Netanyahu the political candidate. Netanyahu, facing a tough challenge from a popular former military chief and reeling from a series of corruption allegations, has repeatedly sought to focus attention on his foreign policy record and strong ties with Trump.“The Trump administration is absolutely endorsing Netanyahu,” said Alon Pinkas, former consul general of Israel in New York. “It’s very rare for a secretary of state to come visit an Israeli prime minister without any apparent diplomatic reason justifying it, without a peace process, without any regional agenda.”Pompeo said his trip had nothing to do with politics or U.S. policy on Jerusalem, although for decades American officials refrained from visiting the Western Wall with Israeli leaders to avoid the appearance of recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the city’s most sensitive holy sites. Israel captured east Jerusalem and the Old City in the 1967 Mideast war. The Palestinians seek east Jerusalem as the capital of a future state.“I’m going to stay far away from the decisions that the Israeli people will make here in a few weeks,” Pompeo told reporters. “It wouldn’t be appropriate for the U.S. secretary of state to comment on Israeli domestic politics.”The Old City is home to the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, where tradition says Jesus was entombed and resurrected. Pompeo, a Christian, also stopped at the church.Next to the Western Wall is a hilltop compound revered by Jews as the Temple Mount and by Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary. The spot, which once housed the biblical Jewish Temples, is the holiest site in Judaism and today is home to the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third-holiest site in Islam.The competing claims to the site are a frequent source of tension and lie at the heart of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.When Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, he said it did not determine the city’s final borders. But the gesture was perceived as unfairly siding with Israel and prompted the Palestinians to cut contacts with U.S. officials. The Palestinians have already rejected a planned Mideast peace initiative by the administration.Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said Pompeo’s visit added additional obstacles to peace hopes. “While they are claiming to be trying to solve the conflict, such acts only make it more difficult to resolve,” he said.While previous secretaries of state have traditionally met with the Palestinians when visiting the region, Pompeo has no such talks planned. March 21, 2019last_img read more